Friday, July 4, 2014

RIP hiking boots

RIP these gems.
carried down two generations, two pairs of laces,
only to meet their doom at the hands of a formerly trusted friend, the creek
with its heavy boulders slicing gold-toned water





























I felt like they needed to be memorialized in some small way. I don't know about you guys but I always end up rather emotionally attached to my shoes, more so than another clothing item that I own. Is there something symbolically resonant in the way that they carry us? Probably not. Who knows.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely picture! I always get sort of sentimental about my worn-down Converse, when I finally have to throw them away.

    http://cursive-type.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one! maybe we should start a memorial for all the broken converses :*

      Delete