Friday, July 18, 2014

packing for prague


In just a few days, I will be sailing far over the Atlantic with the final destination of Prague and some of the surrounding area. It hasn't quite set in in more than an abstract and lingering little way in the back of my head. I will probably not realize just what is happening to me until halfway through a York peppermint patty in the airport. In a recent letter to a friend, I described my emotions as this venn diagram: 


However, I suspect both excited and nervous are a bit of an understatement. We will see how things feel at the end of this trip, well out of that little grey area in the middle of the venn diagram. 

here are just a few of the things I will be taking along with me (pictured above):
left column, top to bottom: passport, floral pants and crop top from Urban Outfitters
middle column, top to bottom: thrifted sunglasses, ye olde trusty film Fujica camera (hand-me-down), Bluets by Maggie Nelson, My Father's Tears by John Updike
right column, top to bottom: diary and sketchbook, a little flower, Karma solid perfume from Lush, Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm, bobby pins, blank notebook

left to right: The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera, Lonely Planet Guide to Eastern Europe
Finally, these two books have been really helping me get into a "Prague State of Mind"-- one for atmosphere, one for facts. You can probably guess which is which, haha. 

a song that has been ion repeat for a few days now: 

4 comments:

  1. i love that you're reading a kundera book to get in the mood ^^ hope you're having fun in prague, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misread and Kings of Convenience are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete